- 1 pound white beans, soaked
- 3 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2–1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Rinse soaked beans well and add to pot with water. Simmer about 90 minutes, until very soft.
- Add salt. Mash beans a bit if you like and continue to simmer for as long as you like, until beans fall apart, adding more water if necessary.
- Heat olive oil and saute garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add 1 cup soup to the olive oil and stir well until combined.
- Add oil and soup mixture back to the main pot. Simmer a few more minutes before serving.
Inflammation factor 198.
(Adapted from this recipe.)