- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large pan. Add apple, onion, sugar, thyme, and salt. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook a few more minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer about 15 minutes, until quinoa is done.
- Remove lid and cook liquid away. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add pecans, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
(Adapted from this recipe.)