- One recipe bread dough, enough to make two loaves
- 2 cups (2 8-ounce cans) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. ground beef or sausage
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Sauteed mixed vegetables, such as peppers, onions, and tomatoes
- Make up your bread dough. If it needs to rise twice, let it rise once.
- Punch down dough if it's been rising, or let it rest ten minutes if you've just been kneading it. Roll it out into a rectangle about 15" by 18".
- Mix tomato sauce with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Spread 1/2 cup evenly on dough, leaving an inch along one of the long sides.
- Spread toppings of your choice evenly over sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Roll up from long side, ending with the sauceless side to seal. Pinch well.
- Put remaining tomato sauce in bottom of a 9" x 13" pan. Cut rolls into 12 pieces and place on top of sauce.
- Let rise for specified amount of time. If your toppings are highly perishable, consider letting it rise in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, or until middle rolls are completely cooked.