- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream (fat-free and low-fat are okay)
- 1/2 package ranch dip mix (or 1 tablespoon buttermilk powder, black pepper to taste, a pinch of garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon parsley)
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, chopped, salted, and left to drain for 15 minutes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Spread lettuce on serving dish.
- Mix together the sour cream, ranch dip mix, bacon, and about 3/4 of the green onions.
- Layer half the sour cream mixture on top of the lettuce, then half the tomatoes, then the remaining sour cream mixture and tomatoes. Garnish with reserved green onions.
(Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe magazine.)