- 4 Italian sausage links, casings removed, halved and cut into ½” pieces
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- pastry for double-crust pie
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sausage; drain. Add tomatoes, squash, peppers, and spices. Cook for 10 minutes; drain. Cool 10 minutes.
- Line pie pan with pastry. Fill with sausage and vegetables. Top with cheese.
- Fit top crust and trim. Cut slits in top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
(Adapted from this recipe.)