- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ½ head garlic, sliced, chopped, or pressed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups shredded or diced chicken (cooked or uncooked)
- ½ cup small pasta or rice
- ½ head Chinese cabbage, chopped
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- several grinds of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except pasta or rice in a large pot and simmer for 30-60 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Fifteen minutes before serving time, add pasta or rice.
(Adapted from this recipe.)