- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups canned pumpkin
- ¾ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan well.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add eggs and beat 1 minute.
- Add flour and pumpkin alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until batter is just smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes, then remove from pan and continue cooling on rack.
- Whisk together buttermilk and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm cake.