- 2¾ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter, almond extract, eggs, baking powder, and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour alternately with milk on low speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 40 minutes.
(Adapted from this recipe.)