- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup peanut halves
- 2 tablespoons mini M&Ms or red hot candies
- 2 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips
- 50 2” pieces shoestring licorice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars. Beat in egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour.
- Roll into 1” balls. Taper one end for the nose. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Insert 2 peanut halves for ears, a candy for nose, and chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set.
- Insert a licorice piece into each mouse for tail.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen.
(Adapted from this recipe.)