- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Line quarter sheet pan or jelly roll pan (about 15.5 x10.5 x 1 inch) with waxed paper; grease well.
- Beat eggs 5 minutes, or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in granulated sugar. Add water, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour, a little at a time, beating just until batter is smooth. Pour into pan and spread batter to corners.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Loosen cake from edges of pan; invert on towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully remove waxed paper.
- While hot, roll cake and towel from narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
- Fill with 1/2 cup cream, whipped, with 1/4 cup of jam or powdered sugar added, or with jam.
(Adapted from here.)