- 6 cups diced or shredded baked potatoes, or frozen hash browns
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 soup can skim milk
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes (optional)
- Place potatoes in lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, onion, salt, and pepper. Spread sauce over potatoes and mix up a bit.
- If you want a crunchy topping, combine melted butter and corn flake crumbs; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 F for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly throughout, or in slow cooker. If you use hash browns that are still frozen, you will need to increase the baking time.
(Adapted from my mom's recipe.)