- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add almond extract, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour gradually.
- Roll dough into 1” balls. Place 2” apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray. Dip in sugar and flatten cookies.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, almond extract, and enough water for the right consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with almonds.
Makes 2½ dozen.
(Adapted from this recipe.)