- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons yeast
- 4-5 cups flour
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over butter. Stir until butter is completely melted.
- Add sugar, eggs, salt, yeast, and flour. Stir well. Dough will be soft.
- Refrigerate overnight covered with plastic wrap (optional).
- About 5 hours before serving, divide dough into two balls.
- Roll out on floured counter ¼” thick. Cut each circle into 16 wedges. Brush with melted butter (optional). Roll into crescents.
- Cover and let rise 4 hours.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden.