- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 1/8cup flour
- pinch dry mustard
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Cream butter. Add cheese and spices.
- Add the flour, half at a time.
- Divide dough into halves. Make two 8” cylinders. Chill until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 baking sheets.
- Cut ¼” cookies from the cylinders. Place 1” apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until set and barely golden around edges.
- Cool on wire racks.