- 1 pound frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Simmer the broccoli, celery, onion, bouillon, water, salt, and pepper for 20-25 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour, stir, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Very slowly, add the milk. Add cheese.
- Cool vegetable mixture. Add cream base to vegetables. Don’t boil.