- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 15-ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta shells.
- Process chickpeas and egg in food processor until smooth. Add ricotta, parsley, Parmesan, onion, and garlic. Process until smooth.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups sauce in a 9x13" baking dish.
- Stuff shells with chickpeas. Place in pan.
- Spread with remaining sauce. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer.
(Adapted from this recipe.)