- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Separate eggs. Beat whites to soft peaks. Slowly add ½ cup sugar, and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Cream butter, 1½ cups sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour alternately with yogurt. Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into pan and bake 50-60 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove to rack.
(Adapted from this recipe.)